Processes accounts payable and records accounts receivable within Finance department. Prepares journal entries and reconciles balance sheet accounts. Creates monthly grant schedules. Maintains department files and records.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Primary areas of responsibility and tasks that may typically be assigned include but are not limited to:
- Processes all accounts payable and other disbursements.
- Deposits cash and records organization’s receipts. Works closely with Development department on incoming gifts.
- Reconciles all bank and investment accounts.
- Reconciles other asset and liability accounts.
- Reconciles Donor Advised Funds monthly with Development.
- Prepares Foundation Grants and Restricted Fundraising monthly schedules.
- Corresponds with third parties vendors about accounts payables and accounts receivables, cash and investments accounts.
- Prepares monthly Budget to Actual Reports.
- Performs data entry in Financial Edge for approved journal entries, including payroll.
- Assists in audit preparation for the organization.
- Maintains department’s files, records and documentation.
- Engages in special projects as assigned.
- General bookkeeping and accounting principles including bank reconciliation and accounts payable/receivable processing.
- General financial management concepts.
- Records management and general business principles.
- Mathematical calculations and data analysis.
- Teamwork and customer service.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Accuracy and detail orientation.
- Organization and multi-tasking.
- Time and workload management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma required with some coursework in bookkeeping or accounting preferred.
- Two years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel. Ability to operate Internet applications and email as well as basic proficiency in financial accounting software/systems.
- Manual dexterity for operating a computer keyboard, printer, facsimile machine, photocopier, calculator and/or ten-key adding machine.
- Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time within an office environment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
If you feel Liberty Hill could be the right place for you, please submit a resume with a cover letter that explains why you would be the best fit for this position and Liberty Hill. Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements/salary history to the attention of Karen Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org with Accountant in the subject line.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.