When Liberty Hill began in 1976, it was a daring new foundation that turned philanthropy on its head. Today it is a national leader in social justice. Organizing and advocacy powered by Liberty Hill has changed national policies, launched social change movements, transformed neighborhoods, and nurtured hundreds of community leaders who respond to the experience of injustice by fighting for their rights.
As a member of the Communications Department, the Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting Liberty Hill’s brand advancement and positioning through the creation and dissemination of compelling digital content that drives action among our target audiences.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a positive outlook and an eye toward innovation. They will be responsible for executing the foundation’s digital marketing, Web, email, and social media initiatives, effectively deploying content across a variety of marketing and communication channels to meet objectives. The role will also provide both editorial and content management system support for Liberty Hill’s website.
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional with knowledge of best practices in online communications and marketing, as well as experience with Web and social media management, and creating digital content that drives engagement and action among target audiences.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Content Creation & Management:
- Manage the creation and dissemination of a variety of digital content, including blog posts, Web page updates, social media posts, infographics, short-form videos, polls, surveys and other online engagement tools.
- Responsible for posting, monitoring and interacting with our online community, as well as tracking and evaluating analytics, and updating content and activity based on data gathered.
- Responsible for the management of all Liberty Hill digital assets, including graphic identity/logos, photography, videography, etc.
Web Management & Development:
- Lead the effort to enhance Liberty Hill’s website by creating compelling content and leveraging its integration with social media, email, and marketing plans/content.
- Manage the website’s Content Management System and provide timely updates to page content.
- Track and provide monthly analytics reports. Update content and activities based on analytics.
- Enhance and maintain workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, measuring and retiring content.
- Work with consultants to troubleshoot issues with the site as needed, maintaining an up-to-date CMS and ensuring staff permissions and access remain current.
- Manage Google Adwords account and Search Engine Optimization efforts to drive traffic to Liberty Hill’s website and reach target audiences.
- Manage social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube) and work with Deputy Director of Marketing & PR to execute strategic marketing campaigns on these platforms throughout the year.
- Execute email-marketing strategy, creating and designing email blasts that effectively tell the human impact story of Liberty Hill’s work, and support our marketing efforts to target progressive Angelenos.
- Create content for quarterly e-updates and work with Database Manager to manage and segment email lists by audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in communications, public relations and marketing, with nonprofit experience preferred.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as events require.
- Passion for Liberty Hill’s mission and work in Los Angeles.
- Experienced writer with familiarity translating complex concepts into short, easily digestible Web copy.
- Experience with Web development processes and an understanding of responsive design principles, as well as SEO.
- bility to analyze and interpret web data/statistics and translate that info for lay audiences.
- Experience with Web tools such as Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency with email marketing programs such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Nation Builder, etc.
- Experience with HTML and Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and willingness to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manual dexterity for operating a computer keyboard, printer, facsimile machine, photocopier, calculator and/or ten-key adding machine.
- Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time within an office environment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The descriptions herein are representative of the essential functions of this job. This job description reflects management's assignment of functions; however it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities.
Employment with Liberty Hill Foundation is on an "at-will" basis. Nothing in this document is intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and does not constitute a promise of continued employment.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.
Liberty Hill promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.