When Liberty Hill began in 1976, it was a daring new foundation that turned philanthropy on its head. Today it is a national leader in social justice. Organizing and advocacy powered by Liberty Hill has changed national policies, launched social change movements, transformed neighborhoods, and nurtured hundreds of community leaders who respond to the experience of injustice by fighting for their rights.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Office Coordinator will manage the office administration creating and maintaining a professional work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. This individual will be responsible for overall front office activities, including worksite setup, reception area, conference rooms, mail, and supply orders and facilities requests. The Office Coordinator should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve organization day-to-day operation.
The Office Coordinator will work standard business hours, Monday -Friday and weekends and evenings as necessary. The Office Coordinator will be based out of the Liberty Hill offices in Los Angeles.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains all office equipment and building facilities. Functions as in-house expert on all office equipment.
- Manage equipment leasing i.e. copier lease, postage etc.
- Handle building relations, office space usage, master calendar and key distribution
- Coordinates parking for all staff and guests
- Orders all supplies and equipment needed for office operations.
- Maintains inventory of all office furniture and equipment as well as manages the borrowing of equipment.
- Maintain copy center, refill copier with paper, maintain paper shredder, toner replacement
- Manage vendor relationships
- Maintain the professional appearance of the reception/kitchen/conference room, all common areas, and off-site storage.
- Greet guests and answers incoming calls to organization.
- Provide the Finance Department with general administrative support.
- Manage office-wide use of company credit card, and monthly reconciliation
- Perform desktop administration, troubleshooting, and setting up new workstations. Manage network user accounts, including performing new user orientation.
- Liaison between staff and IT consultant on IT issues.
- Facilitate safety drills and assist with safety training
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in office administration
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems and MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to operate Internet applications and email as well as proprietary and database software.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Manual dexterity for operating a computer keyboard, printer, facsimile machine, photocopier
- Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time within an office environment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having the rich diversity of our community reflected in our workforce.
Liberty Hill promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don't discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.