- The emPOWER Program Helps L.A. County Residents Flex Their Energy-Saving Muscle
For Liberty Hill, environmental justice is a cornerstone of social justice.
- Oil Drilling Site to Close in Huge Victory for South Los Angeles!
In a tremendous win for our environmental justice agenda, officials recently announced the permanent closure of the Jefferson oil drilling site in South L.A.!
- Climate and Energy Funders Tour Highlights: From the Well to the Wheel
This past April, Liberty Hill hosted a bus tour that provided an opportunity for 40 funders with the Climate and Energy Funders Group (CEFG) to explore challenges and innovations around energy and
- Newsletter - June 2019
- Donor-Activists Take Action on Youth Incarceration
Liberty Hill donor-activists from across Los Angeles turned their energy into action this spring by sending letters to elected officials to encourage support for the Youth Reinvestment Grant in the
- Rent control campaigns win and new report links high rents to increasing homelessness
The 2019 Homeless Count paints a dire picture of L.A.’s homelessness crisis, including a 12 percent increase in people living on the streets.
- Liberty Hill Partners with L.A. County to Create Countywide Sustainability Plan
This spring, Liberty Hill joined community-based environmental health and justice organizations to host five Sustainability Expos + Fairs with over 370 participants in order to solicit public input
- Priced Out, Locked Out, Pushed Out
Priced Out, Locked Out, Pushed Out: How Permanent Tenant Protections Can Help Communities Prevent Homelessness and Displacement in LA County. Written by Public Counsel and
- Accounting Manager
- Liberty Hill Foundation Endorses Measure EE & Pledges $300,000 For Million Voters Project Action Fund
“When we invest in the education of our youth, we invest in the future of Los Angeles and the leaders and changemakers of tomorrow.”