- Victory As LAPD Ceases Use of Cal Gangs Database
The movement to transform the criminal justice system in Los Angeles won a major victory in July when the Los Angeles Police Commission voted to permanently end the LAPD’s use of the CalGang databa
- David White & The Vision Behind Susan’s Circle
Liberty Hill Donor Activist and SAG-AFTRA National Executive Director, David White is no st
- Councilman & Former Liberty Hill & UCLA Luskin Fellow Daniel Lee Leads the Way to Victory on Inglewood Oil Field Closures
Last week, Culver City council members voted unanimously to phase out urban oil drilling in the city’s portion of the Inglewood Oil Field.
- Rapid Response Funds Help Grantees Keep Up The Fight During COVID-19
Since its founding in 1976, Liberty Hill has sought to build deep relationships with grassroots organizations and leaders in underserved communities and to support them and help them grow through g
- News From the Frontlines: July 2020
- Op-Ed Training Empowers Youth Leaders to Make Their Voices Heard in New Way
This summer, Liberty Hill hosted a series of virtual Youth Activist Op-ed Trainings designed to help our grantee partners expand their thought leadership and make
- UCLA Researchers Find Liberty Hill’s emPOWER Program Helps Los Angeles Residents Realize Environmental & Financial Benefits
Low-income households in California face larger energy, transportation and water affordability burdens than other populations.
- Making Black Lives Matter in Schools
Organizing takes time and building true power sometimes takes years.
- Helping Los Angeles Residents Benefit from Environmental and Financial Assistance Programs
UCLA Luskin researchers find emPOWER outreach campaign led by community-based organizations successful in reaching areas of L.A. County impacted by poverty and pollution
- A Scalable Model for Improving Community Access to Environmental Benefit Programs in California