- The Fight for Youth Justice Accelerates Amid COVID-19
As the global pandemic reshapes how we all live, youth organizers continue the fight for justice, especially after two youths in Los Angeles County’s juvenile halls tested positive for coronavirus
- Former President Obama Urges LeQuan Muhammad to ‘Dream Big’ as He Works to Transform L.A. County’s Youth Justice System
An Acknowledgement From President Obama
- Faces of the Movement: LeQuan Muhammed
One of the rising stars of the Youth Justice movement, LeQuan Muhammed has emerged as a voice for his local community and a shining example of the power of positivity and the promise of youth.
- Los Angeles Organizers' Virtual Town Hall Takeaways and Next Steps
- Stop a Coronavirus Disaster: Release Kids from Juvenile Facilities
In the midst of the COVID-19 health crisis, all of us are trying to do our best for the children in our lives — providing stability and a safe and caring home.
- Ready to Rise Partners Building Capacity Virtually
Our Ready to Rise partners are busier than ever -- providing enhanced mental and emotional health services, peer support groups, virtual learning, as well as financial and food ass
- Ready to Rise Partnership Launched
$2.59 Million Awarded to Over 20 Nonprofit Organizations to Provide Community-Based Youth Development Services
- Housing is Health: Reclaiming Our Homes Demands Housing for the Most Vulnerable in the Wake of COVID-19
Written by Zahra Hajee and Jessa Orluk
In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and a longstanding housing crisis, families are fighting for their right to a safe place to live.
- Our Response to the COVID-19 CrisisThe COVID-19 crisis has laid bare the injustices in our society. And those who have been historically oppressed are being hit hardest by this crisis. But crisis also creates opportunity.
- 2020 Upton Sinclair Dinner Canceled
The Liberty Hill Community, like the rest of the country and the world, is concerned and saddened by the impact the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to have on our neighbors and communiti