- Connection to Place: Boyle Heights
As a native of Boyle Heights, I very much understand how one experiences such a strong sense of place in this se
- Councilman throws in the towel. SCOPE will remain in its South L.A. building.
We've just received word from Ericka Smith, director of SCOPE that their efforts to convince Councilman Parks to end his struggle to evict SCOPE have prevailed
- Why does L.A. still have the nation’s worst air?
Sixty-five years of spinelessness.
- No on 8. The Personal is Political
I had the honor of speaking at a No on Prop 8 party the other night hosted by a group of committed LA LGBT rights advocates.
- New Public Policy Institute of California polling results
A new poll from the Public Policy Institute of California is ou
- The Parks-SCOPE Mano a Mano Gets Resolved, Maybe
Although Mayor Villaraigosa did rescind the eviction of community organization SCOPE yesterday, this morning The Daily News reports that
- Why does Councilman Parks want to evict one of his district's most effective community organizations?
Why does Councilman Parks want to evict one of his district's most effective community organizations?
- America’s Families Are Talking, Are the Candidates Listening?
Two Saturdays ago, I crowded into the Convention Center with six thousand other people.
- The Diversity Debate at Foundations: How To Get More Money to More Minority-Led Organizations
The 10 largest foundations in California—known as the Big Ten—have put an important proposal on the table.
- Why A Blog
I love Liberty Hill because it’s all about people standing up, taking on challenges that others can’t or won’t take on.
That’s what I think we’re doing with this blog.