Stay Housed LA is a partnership between the County of Los Angeles, tenant-led community organizations, and legal services providers. Together, we provide tenants with the support needed to exercise their rights so that they can remain safely in their homes. Specifically, Stay Housed LA provides:
- Public Awareness – informing tenants about their rights through mass digital ads and media stories to reach millions of tenants in multiple languages.
- Outreach & Education – direct engagement of hundreds of thousands of tenants by phone, text & virtual workshops; educating tenants about their rights and connecting them to tenant advocates to support them as they exercise their rights.
- Legal Services – full service assistance navigating the legal system, including representation in court, active defense against landlord harassment, written pleadings to prevent eviction, and holistic legal assessments on such issues as benefits, unemployment, domestic violence and immigration.
A Coordinated Approach
Most tenants’ rights groups in LA County have joined forces and are actively coordinating services under the Stay Housed LA program.
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE)
- Bet Tzedek
- Communities for a Better Environment
- Community Legal Aid SoCal
- Coalition for Economic Survival
- Eviction Defense Network
- East Yard Communities for Environmental Justice
- Eastside LEADS
- Housing Rights Center
- Inquilinos Unidos
- Inner City Law Center
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Liberty Hill Foundation
- Los Angeles Center for Community Law and Action
- Los Angeles Community Action Network (LACAN)
- Los Angeles Tenants Union
- Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Public Counsel
- Strategic Actions for a Just Economy (SAJE)