Commissions Training Program
Our Commissions Training Program prepares leaders throughout L.A. for participation in more than 250 boards and commissions that oversee city and county agencies.Apply Now
Preparing Community Leaders to Represent Los Angeles
Grantmaking is one way to empower communities, but it takes leaders to transform funding into progress.
Liberty Hill’s Commissions Training Program prepares local leaders to expand their influence and leadership by serving on boards and commissions, which wield significant political power across L.A. County.
The Liberty Hill Commissions Training Program ensures that Los Angeles has strong leadership making equitable decisions for all communities.
The program trains community leaders to become advocates within local government structures and readies them to serve on city boards and commissions.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders
The Commissions Program is a project of the Liberty Hill Wally Marks Leadership Institute, an intensive, on-the-job, hands-on training program that dramatically accelerates organizational capacity and effectiveness for changemakers in Los Angeles.
Our Commissions Training Program prepares leaders throughout L.A. for participation in more than 250 boards and commissions that oversee city and county agencies.
Participants Trained Through Liberty Hill’s Commissions Program Are Serving Or Have Served On The Following Boards And Commissions:
- El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument Authority (former)
- City of Los Angeles Recreation & Parks Commission (former)
- Los Angeles County Workforce Investment Board
- City of Los Angeles Rent Adjustment Commission
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
- City of Los Angeles Board of Animal Services Commissioners
- City of Los Angeles Innovation and Performance Commission
- Los Angeles County Quality and Productivity Commission
- City of Los Angeles Board of Transportation
- California Coastal Commission
- City of Los Angeles East Los Angeles Area Planning Commission
- Los Angeles County Library Commission
- Los Angeles County Sybil Brand Commission
- Los Angeles County Human Relations Commission
If you would like more information on our Commissions Training Program please contact Magdelena Mireles, Deputy Director, Capacity Building: firstname.lastname@example.org