Environmental Leadership Initiative
Applications to apply for the two-year Environmental Leadership Initiative (ELI) fellowship program will be accepted starting on Monday, September 11, 2023, until Wednesday, October 4, 2023.Start Online Application
This program is hosted by Liberty Hill Foundation, through the generous support and investment from the Hewlett Foundation and Packard Foundation. We work in partnership with the community-based Advisory Board who have helped shape this initiative.
We welcome applications from individuals who are engaged in environmental movement work across the state of California and who are interested in building networks and deepening their commitment to environmental justice.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Application Opens – September 11th, 2023 Apply Now!
- Application Deadline – October 4th, 2023
- Informational Webinars:
- Application Drop-In Office Hours:
- Fellow announcements – November/December 2023
- In-Person Fellowship Orientation – February 2024
- Year 1 of Fellowship Begins – March 2024
- Year 1 of Fellowship Ends – March 2025
- Unrestricted general operating grants for non-profit organizations that fellows are an employee and/or affiliated with.
- Professional development funds that can be used toward conferences, certificates, or other engagements that fellows identify as important to their professional development.
- Opportunity for professional development coaching to support intentional leadership growth and skills building.
- Engagement in intentional community and network building across Environmental Justice leaders in the state of California.
- A deepened understanding of a Liberatory leadership framework, grounded in a history of Environmental Justice to strengthen impact in environmental movement work.
Application & Fellowship Requirements
- Access to a computer or laptop.
- Access to reliable Wi-Fi.
- Ability to travel for in-person sessions, events, and/or meetings. Travel expenses will be covered.
- Availability to participate in a 12-month program of both virtual and in-person events in Year 1 of Programming (approximately February 2024 to March 2025).
- Availability to participate in 12-month coaching and professional development sessions in Year 2 of Programming (approximately from Spring 2025 to Spring 2026).
- A completed application with three (3) short responses in written or video format.